I was hired and fired in the same day, for the stupidest reason ever

So I applied for a copywriter position at a pretty small company that was apparently going on a massive hiring surge recently. The interview went super well, the woman that would become my supervisor for the position seemed really impressed with my resume and coursework in college. I was worried I wouldn’t have the experience for this position, as I am a fairly recent college grad and it was calling for a few years, but I thought with my internships I would have a decent chance, and sure enough I was given an offer a week later. $41K plus benefits, which isn’t amazing but still decent, and hopefully I’d be able to move up in the company, as one of the big things mentioned in the interview was how many professional development opportunities there were. The position was also remote and advertised as part time, which I thought was an impressive salary for just being part time.

I want to stress this company isn’t a scam or a devilcorp, but entirely legitimate communications firm that has a lot of big clients in both government and private and is located in a major city. Mostly 4 stars on indeed and glassdoor, reviews of how hardworking and nice people are, how positive the culture is, lack of micromanaging, generally few negatives.

So, I get to my first day – onboarding and orientation. So I guess it wasn’t my official first day even learning the ropes yet, mostly just filling out forms, making sure I was in their time system and payroll. My internet that day was quite slow for some reason, so it took me maybe half an hour longer than I’d like to complete all of the I-9 forms and whatnot, but I got it done, made sure I had everything accurately turned into the HR lady, who confirmed a few things and said I was good to go.

They were busy that day, so I sat tight and she scheduled an orientation for later that afternoon as she had some meetings. She went over the basic policies of the company, PTO, the company culture, all that in the powerpoint. I asked a few questions, to confirm that the position was, in fact part time, as was advertised, she said it was actually full time and would that be an issue, to which I said no, it would not whatsoever. Then, she backtracked and said I was right, that it was actually part time, which I thought was weird, so I figured I’d just check in with the woman who was to be my supervisor the next day, and who wasn’t able to meet with me that day. She said she would email me later to let me know what my schedule was going to be and to complete another form to turn into my supervisor to get a feel for where I’d like to take my career.

So I get a call that night from the HR lady, stating that unfortunately they don’t think I’m a good fit, that I took too long to complete the paperwork that day (keep in mind this isn’t a quick process but it’s not like it took me all or even half the day to complete, I didn’t know I was on a timed schedule), that I lacked attention to detail (to which she wouldn’t elaborate at all), that I showed up ‘late’ (mind you, this is a remote position where I wasn’t even late, I was well prepared and replied to the email she sent a few minutes later, apparently that counted as “late” and we didn’t even have the orientation Zoom call scheduled until that afternoon), that “you seemed to think this was a part time position” (when they literally ADVERTISED it as part time and she acted weird and confused when I asked to verify. Why this would be a reason to let me go, I'm really not sure.

So that was it, I didn’t even get to meet my supervisor. I didn’t even get the chance to prove myself on the job and it wasn’t even a matter of misconduct. IMO, they realized they wanted someone with more experience, and decided to dig around for stupid excuses to terminate me on day 0 instead of just being honest early in the hiring process. Months of job hunting, to get treated like this.

Tldr; got an offer at a company I thought was really cool, thought everything went okay my “first day” as far as the orientation went, then suddenly got a call that night basically not to bother the next day. I’d set up my work email, had spent the morning filling out forms and making sure I was on the payroll, and was given a serious of BS reasons why they decided it wouldn’t work out.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I was hired and fired in the same day, for the stupidest reason ever I was hired and fired in the same day, for the stupidest reason ever Reviewed by Louhi on juin 07, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.