How can I ask for some time away without pay the right way?

So I have been dealing with a lot of personal stuff lately my mom just got diagnosed with cancer & I just about lost her about a week ago & I would like to ask my boss if I can use some off time now so that I can come back to work when I'm ready to. I'm not going to need a lot of time off or anything I'm hoping for maybe two weeks to a month at most but I normally don't ask for time off unless I'm really sick (not a lot) I have been with this company now for 6+ years & this would be the first time I would be asking for this much time away. The thing is I'm nervous about asking her because the last time I was sick with the flu she texted me asking me if I'd be able to take a shift the next day I replied telling her the truth I was at home with the flu & I'd be happy to provide a doctor's note the next time I saw her she said ok but then a day later she literally was texting me saying I had a shift that day at 9am & was acting like the conversation never happened. It ended up with her saying please bring a note for being sick in & only call from now on to prevent any confusion even though I was clear & honest with her. I am not sure how to go about this as I've never had to ask for time away like this before & I care about my job enough that I don't wanna burn any bridges or say the wrong thing to anyone over this. I also don't know how long I have left with my mom & I feel like I would regret it more if I didn't take this time at all & I know this can't be the only job out there I just really don't wanna cause anyone problems.. Has anybody else had a similar situation? If so what did you do about it? I feel torn/conflicted.. Tia

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How can I ask for some time away without pay the right way? How can I ask for some time away without pay the right way? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.