Is applying for a new position internally a good idea for me?

So for many reasons I'm looking for a new job. One major reason is that when I joined I was told I would get promoted around now, instead of this I was denied the promotion, not told why, essentially told to stop talking about it, and wasn't told how to get it. Another reason I'm looking is because I don't want to have to commute to a job that's outside of the city where I live.

Earlier in my time here I thought when I did want to move on to a new job there wouldn't be an issue communicating that with my manager. I no longer feel that way anymore given how they've treated my request to be promoted, the way they ignore me/avoid answering my questions, and other behavior that makes me feel un-valued. I guess that their actions, or inaction, has lost my trust so now I don't feel comfortable with them knowing I'm looking for a new job.

 

While I was looking for a new jobs I came across an open position at the same company that I am qualified for. It is at the same level I was looking to be promoted to so I was thinking of applying to it. But if I did get it, I would be stuck commuting to the same place. However, the position is in a different department, and the head of that department has made it clear that going forward its employees will have the option of partially working from home and partially working on-site.

 

I imagine if I move far enough in the application process my managers will eventually find out that I applied for an open position. I'm trying to decide if its worth it for me to apply to that job, which might inadvertently tip off my managers that I'm looking for a new job. Sure I could lie and tell them that I'm not looking for a new job anywhere outside our company, but who knows if they would believe me and who knows how they would take me looking for a job in a different group.

 

One benefit though, is that I would think I could get hired at this new position much quicker than I could get hired at a new company. It seems to be that my company likes to hire internally and we are in a bit of a niche industry so I would imagine I'd be one of the top applicants for the job. Looking at job listings in my city there's not a whole lot that both look appealing to me and that I'm a good fit for.

 

What do you think I should do?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is applying for a new position internally a good idea for me? Is applying for a new position internally a good idea for me? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 22, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.