I went to college but I really like my slightly above minimum wage job. Do I go for a higher wage job or keep it?

I'm a recent college graduate and I'm not completely sure I want to go to vet school. I figured I'd take a year off before I apply since I'm a little burnt out and I can explore other career options such as wildlife rehabilitation. I worked at an Dog Daycare/ Pet Boarding place part-time during college. I liked it so much, I figured I'd work full time at one for a year or two in my home state while I give myself a break from academics and get hands on experience.

I've been full time for 3 months now, and I really like my job. I find it emotionally rewarding and the work isn't too much. I'm happy and I can pay my bills/college loans. After essential costs, I don't have much spending money left over, but I don't really buy stuff for myself. All my extra money is saved or spent on my pets. I'm not looking to start dating or build a family any time soon. I get paid $0.25 above minimum wage since I have some experience in the job. I found nothing wrong with my pay since I just watch dogs, feed, play, and clean kennels/suites. Raises are usually offered every quarter/half year to outstanding employees.

Being a vet isn't a dream job, it's just a path that everyone dictated that I'd take since I like animals. There are other career options my animal science degree can be used for. I don't think my job is shameful in any way. I'm quite excited to talk about what I do for a living. I'm down for working at this place, but I do find it a bit difficult to get along with my co-workers since our mindset and lives are so different. Many of them are very against college education and society and I understand where they are coming from, but I hate that they are making assumptions about why I'm working a slightly above min wage job with them.

Since I went to college and have a smart watch and new samsung phone, they assume I come from a rich educated family but the reality is that I'm a third culture kid who lived in poverty since my parents didn't work while we lived abroad. When we returned to the US, my dad couldn't find a job and has been an unemployed drunk for 15+ years and my mom has been providing for a family of 5 with 33k/year. All three kids went to college/ grad school and have good jobs (except me but I'm still figuring things out).

Anyways, everything is wishy washy for me right now. I'm down to do any job as long as I feel good about it so I could get a higher wage job, but why apply for a new job when I like the one I have now? What are your thoughts?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I went to college but I really like my slightly above minimum wage job. Do I go for a higher wage job or keep it? I went to college but I really like my slightly above minimum wage job. Do I go for a higher wage job or keep it? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 23, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.