I left only an hour into my first day at my first job

I applied to work at a waterpark to gain some experience. I even applied with my two friends that wanted to work there too. I originally applied to work as someone who would hand out admission tickets but when I went to my interview they asked if I minded to switch to cashier/runner in food and beverage temporarily till more people apply to that position. I didn’t think much of it and said that’s fine thinking nothing of it. When training was going on it was only two days for one hour. Monday from 4-6 and the same on Thursday. They would cut it short to an hour only when the schedule said till 6. I trained with the managers in the position I originally applied for. I learned ticket prices and how to work that cash register. When the day came to work my first day it was from 2pm-7pm. My friend was working morning shift and explained how everything was fine and how his supervisor was standing over him and helped him. I felt good, hoping someone would be there for me too since 2 pm is a busy hour for lunch. I was doing fine, doing breathing exercises to calm my anxiety. When I clocked in I was lost from that point. The cash register I was supposed to be working at was swarmed with people and I saw no supervisor in sight. I didn’t even know what or who my supervisor was. I walked around looking for help till going back to Human Resources to help me. He pointed me towards a girl that trained me. She explained that I needed to take the money and switch shifts with the person at my cash register. I was like okay that’s fine and walked across the park. The girl was gone and I was stuck again. I originally thought my supervisor might be there to help me and hopefully guide me but all I saw was one cashier. I tried helping people and exposing to them what was going on. I heard people complaining and I got really anxious. I saw a supervisor finally which didn’t help at all. All they told me was that I was supposed to be on that register and put my pin in and then they left me. So when I did try that it said my pin was invalid when I had my paper my manager gave me with my info on training day. People were getting frustrated when I told them my line wasn’t open. Anxiety built up and I ran to one of the bathrooms with my money bag in hand and I threw up. I cried my eyes out, texting my parents to come get me. I had to cover it up as that I had a family issue going on and I couldn’t stay. I cried in the parking lot while on the phone with my mom. I felt like such a disappointment and failure. I thought someone would be there to help me and show me but I I was completely on my own. I’m scared to go back on my next shift and to even attempt to try to explain what happened. I’m so sensitive and anxious.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I left only an hour into my first day at my first job I left only an hour into my first day at my first job Reviewed by Louhi on mai 22, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.