This job search has been brutal and I don’t even see the point in living these days

The job search has brutalized my will to live

I'm 25. Finished my undergrad in business in 2017 and lived my dream for three years working in pro sports. Turns out the expense of that dream was to be paid $8.50-$15 for high-level work for 80 hours a week with constant travel and no time off. I found a job with a computer software company in tech support in 2020 in pro sports for more money and some security. Then the pandemic hit and I was furloughed three times, most recently last October. No word from them since. No update, no happy holidays, no check-in. They didn't re-up my company email. I've moved on.

Since October I've looked extensively for work. Anything. Entry level analysts, marketing jobs, you name it. A job says no because I don't have enough technical experience. I just started CompSci last March to A) make more of a living an B) because the work I was exposed to in prior settings made me more allured to that work than work in business. Entry level CS jobs don't talk to me. My last title was "Associate Analyst" so I thought it'd be transferable. Guess not.

I then apply for jobs that lean into marketing and management from my undergrad. I go far. Three conversations, PowerPoint case study presentations, every bit of feedback has been positive. And yeah, I can read the room. I know I was a good interview. Yet, now I'm disqualified in those jobs because they think I'm going to up and go. I got a rejection today that was just straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm out of money. I'm moving into my car in 30 days, as I can't pay rent anymore. No more stimuus checks and I offset unemployment by taking added loans to survive. Horrible. Eat me alive for it. But someone else tell me how to do it without having anyone or anywhere to go. I have an inbox dedicated to just job searches. No after no after no after no. Unfortunately after unfortunately after unfortunately after unfortunately. Constant beatdown as I enter midterms week which is stressful as is. CompSci jobs won't give me a chance because I'm not experienced yet, Business jobs won't take me because I had the nerve to go to grad school. I can't take it.

I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel last night. A job called after a good presentation, and with happy emoji's in the email, the HR rep asked me to speak tomorrow. I thought that was it. But this time she just called me to say no herself. Thanks for not sending a robot I guess. I couldn't sleep all night, I was so excited to finally have this nightmare end. But it'll never end. I've worked for 3 professional baseball teams in one of the most fast paced industries in the world. I am halfway done with a master's in Computer Science, I have a Bachelor's in management from a good school.

I don't know what to do anymore. I lose my benefits when I turn 26 in June. I'm running out of places to even apply to. I've had my resume reviewed, I've had friends in industries help me cater my cover letters and presentations accordingly. I have references who can speak to tenacious work ethic and quality of production output. Nothing. I haven't seen a dollar of income since October. Besides Florida unemployment, which is $250 every two weeks. What more can I do? What else do I need? For a chance. I post my resume on LinkedIn. I apply on my university network. I applied to 200 jobs today in response. The result is always a no. I'm a 25-year old well-read person in a Master's program who's about to be homeless. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm begging for help. I just want a remote position even to just gain some skills, make a living, have healthcare. I'm broken. I can't do this anymore. I can't I can't I can't.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

This job search has been brutal and I don’t even see the point in living these days This job search has been brutal and I don’t even see the point in living these days Reviewed by Louhi on avril 27, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.