Had an Epiphany about HR and Recruiters - They want you to get the job

I'm early-mid career and have just started a job search in a new industry. A recent HR screener call changed my mindset about the job search process. During the call, the recruiter told me key skills the hiring manager was focusing on; she asked me about an important skill which I hadn't demonstrated on my resume. She wasn't screening me. She was coaching me! If I have the skills for the job, she wants to make sure the hiring team knows. I've had similar past experiences, but they didn't change how I looked at recruiters. A missed opportunity.

Recruiters really want you to get the job if you're a good fit. Time, money and performance metrics of recruiters make it so job seekers share a common goal with them: filling the position.

So how am I applying this revelation to my job search:

1) I review my resume from the point-of-view: how do I help the recruiter pick my resume. Before I focused on: what keywords do I need, how to I avoid getting filtered out etc. These things are important, but a few levels down from the problem we're actually trying to solve.

2) Look at the HR screener as a way to prepare for your next rounds of interviews. The recruiter received feedback on why the hiring manager passed on the last person. The recruiter knows what feedback the hiring manager gave about your resume. Use that screener as an opportunity to gain more info about what they are actually looking for. A job description does not provide this information, but, if you ask in the right way--or they just solicit it--that's very helpful.

TLDR: Recruiters have a problem: appropriately filling a job. They have a lot of interest in you getting that job, if you are the right fit. Use the the screener to provide useful info to help you prepare for future rounds of interviews--so you can get the job.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Had an Epiphany about HR and Recruiters - They want you to get the job Had an Epiphany about HR and Recruiters - They want you to get the job Reviewed by Louhi on avril 28, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.