Being too engaged at work?

So I know how the current situation has made a lot of people lose interest, get demotivated or less engaged in their jobs.

I am the opposite. I have always been very engaged at work, sometimes doing overtime or working on weekends because I am curious and eager to try a new approach. I work in finance but my specific role allows for some creativity and freedom, plus I have a great boss and team who support me and allow me to be somewhat independent and pursuing the things I enjoy. I am very lucky for that, I acknowledge it.

While this is also the case with the current Covid situation, I have often found myself feeling lonely. I see my other teammates also engaged to various extents, but they will still remain logged off in the weekend or pursue activities/spend time with their partners, so they can separate work/life a little bit better, or so it seems. Me on the other hand, I will check my work phone when I am bored, maybe log in the weekend to do/prepare something or work until late. No one forces me to, I just enjoy it and like the flexibility, if that means I can spread my workload a bit throughout the day. Obviously there are times when I follow a more 9 to 6 schedule and don't log in the weekends, but I still tend to glimpse at the work phone, curious to see what is happening.

As much as I enjoy it, there are times when I feel bad about it and that I don't have a life. Pre-Covid I was doing quite a few stuff with friends, travelling, gym, going out. I am also single, and have been for the most of my life. Now with Covid, my options of what to do are very limited, and since I work from home and can't do much outside, I find myself working a lot of hours. But when I hear a colleague talking about things that they did with a partner, or taking time off to do an activity, I feel bad about myself that I am missing out and that even on my days off when I am at home, I will still check my work phone to see what is happening.

Covid has probably accentuated things that were on my mind anyway and the lack of non-work options are making it hard for me to disconnect and put my attention somewhere else.

But wanted to see if anyone else has felt like that ; that they are working too much and they feel bad about i?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Being too engaged at work? Being too engaged at work? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.