Receiving an offer when pregnant.

I received a job offer just shy of 7 months pregnant last week. I made the decision to not disclose it during the interview process, as this opportunity was unique and I wanted to be hired based on merit, not discounted immediately because of pregnancy. Turns out, I was their top candidate.

After disclosing my pregnancy after the offer, they initially seemed willing to place me into a different, but similar, position after maternity leave. They mentioned they would have several potential openings and just needed to confirm options with HR and would get back to me.

During the follow up call I had today with the hiring manager, it was a complete change from all previous conversations - I was told they wished I had been more forthcoming about my pregnancy beforehand and essentially alluded to the fact that they were stuck, but still offering me the position and interested in me as a candidate. They went from “working with me” to start after maternity leave, to mandating I start in four weeks at the most. This seems understandable and I feel like I can’t really get too upset over that alone. However, they are now saying the position would require immediate licensure in a different state and I’d have to get the ball rolling within the next week and ultimately travel there to do so. This is not a feasible option for me right now due to being in my 3rd trimester and Covid. It would be a 9 hour drive or choosing to fly, and I’m just not comfortable with either option before delivery or with a newborn. They tried telling me this should have been clear. I can’t stress enough that the position was not posted this way and I was never explicitly told I would need to obtain new licensure for this position (they mentioned 1-2 employees needed to, as a general comment in conversation). They essentially spent 20 minutes talking me out of the position while concomitantly assuring me that they were interested to cover themselves legally. They will not commit me to another future position and clearly said they can’t promise me anything, but there should be other openings this year and I wouldn’t have to interview again.

They made the decision easy for me as there were too many unprofessional red flags in the conversation. With that said, is there any legal recourse if they didn’t actually rescind the offer? I feel like they are now saying the position has requirements that were not reflected in the interview process or job posting, and it feels discriminatory. I recognize the timing of me applying 3 months before my due date was poor, but I’ve also been highly interested in shifting my career from where I am now to a different role more similar to the one I applied for. I’m in healthcare, so things are typically a lot less flexibile than other careers, but I’m still just feeling completely defeated right now. Any support or advice would be great!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Receiving an offer when pregnant. Receiving an offer when pregnant. Reviewed by Louhi on février 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.