I have no idea what jobs I should even be looking for

So, like most people I worked in the basic retail hell through school. Unfortunately, due to the money running out, I ended with a BA, an MA and 3 and half years toward a PhD I can't afford to finish. I have some office work experience, several years as an assistant at my local public library, two years as a security guard and 6 years experience as a manager/general manager in customer service.

My degrees are a BA in Anthropology and an interdisciplinary MA in Medieval Studies. My PhD was a joint archeology/history degree. I have done excavation work in the US and in England and have extensive research and technical writing experience. I have experience working in public relations and public education as a part of archeological digs and community outreach programs My research had been particularly focused on the usages of database technology in archaeological investigation. So, I have a very good working knowledge of database technology, data entry, data analysis and the associated basic numbers crunching involved.

None of that seems to be doing me the least bit of good. I'm stuck working retail because I honestly have no clue what I'm qualified to for. I don't even know where to start looking. Generally speaking, archaeologists need PhDs if you are looking for more than intermittent short-term contracts for diggers during the summer.

So, now, I have no clue what to do with myself. I don't even know what kind of jobs I should be looking for.

The only advice I've been able to get so far is - oh you have an MA, go be a teacher. I have ZERO teaching experience beyond what anyone who has ever dealt with public relations for academic pursuits has. And, frankly, being a K-12 teacher sounds like one of the circles of hell to me. I really do not have the temperament or patience for it. While teaching at a collage level would be of interest, I still have no experience or any idea what school would even want someone with my background. Nothing against teachers, btw. I just don't have the kind of patience that would allow me to deal with 30 screaming kids all day without killing someone.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I have no idea what jobs I should even be looking for I have no idea what jobs I should even be looking for Reviewed by Louhi on février 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.