Got a job offer in biotech after 3 months and 110 job applications

I have a background in biotechnology (have a masters degree in it) and I worked for the year of 2020 at a pharma consulting firm as an intern, but did not secure permanent employment. So, as a result, I've been looking for jobs for the past 3 months in the pharma industry, biotech consulting, and also government roles relating to pharma/biotech. Anyways, I finally secured employment after 110 applications, and a lot of networking.

One thing I did was make a spreadsheet with the following headers, for every job I applied to: Date, Job Title, Company, Name of Contact, Internal Referral?, Screening Call?, First Interview?, Thank you email sent?, Second Interview?, Thank you email sent?

I would colour code it so that yellow refers to pending, red refers to a rejection, and green to an acceptance. Needless to say it's a large page with a lot of red. And I literally got to the last stage of the interview process for a few positions while getting rejected in the end. But this spreadsheet helped me feel I have a semblance of control in the process.

During the process, I really developed this mindset of applying for jobs, then totally forgetting about them, and then if an interview was given, doing the interview and then assuming I was rejected and totally forgetting about it. It was the only way of approaching it beneficial to my mental health.

As for networking, I basically just messaged a lot of people in the industry on Linkedin and asked them if I could have a quick phonecall with them. In that phonecall I asked them about their career, and indicated that I'm looking for work. They would usually either give me an internal referral for a role, or refer me to other people.

In any case, I got the job and I'm happy about that, especially as its in the specific niche area in biotech that I have experience in.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Got a job offer in biotech after 3 months and 110 job applications Got a job offer in biotech after 3 months and 110 job applications Reviewed by Louhi on février 18, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.