Contacting a hiring manager directly about a job posting

I've been in the same career for my entire professional life. I'm now looking to make a transition to a different, but somewhat related, industry.

The thing is that in my industry jobs only really come up via networking. The world of recruiters and HR people and sending in applications via a software program and cold-calling hiring managers is all new to me.

I found a job opening recently that I was really excited about. It eerily matched exactly the kind of job I've been trying to find at a place where I want to work. I do have 90% of the qualifications for it and obviously the enthusiasm.

I applied on their site directly. I looked up the hiring manager and found their email.

I sent them a short few paragraph note that basically said - I just applied for this job, I think it's really great, my background matches it perfectly. Let me know if I can send you my application directly, or anything else that can assist in the process.

Is that bad? Should I have done that? Or is it good to try to get on someone's radar when you're trying to shift into an industry and company where you don't have much of a network?

I don't know if I broke some sort of job-hunters protocol and got myself scratched off the list by spamming the hiring manager, or managed to do something that would get on their radar and get them to consider flagging my application in the computer system to review it.

They haven't responded to me (though it's only been a day and the job posting is less than a week old.)

Opinions please.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Contacting a hiring manager directly about a job posting Contacting a hiring manager directly about a job posting Reviewed by Louhi on février 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.