Should I withdraw my job application?

I've received a conditional job offer that is contingent on a background check. Normally I wouldn't be nervous about a background check since I've never been in trouble and my degree is legit, so that shouldn't cause any problems. The main problem is my work history. I got the start date wrong for a job I worked a few years ago, but that could be seen as an honest mistake since I had that job several years ago.

Part of the problem is that I stopped working that job about two years earlier than what I listed on the job application. When I listed the stop date, I was hoping that I would get asked about any potential mismatch and that's when I would explain my situation. Part of the reason I listed my stop date the way I did was because I have worked multiple short-term jobs between the start and end date I listed on my application.

My intention was to group together my jobs together and summarize my work experience. Unfortunately, I did a poor job of explaining my work experience so I have it down as working for a single company, when I actually worked with multiple companies. The work was always similar so to me it all seemed the same, even though I was actually working with different employers so there's a problem there.

So, here I am trying to figure what I should do. I'm really looking forward to this job, but I got the dates wrong so it's very likely I'll get found out. I also don't like the idea that my potential employer may think I'm trying to hide some of my previous jobs. I can explain the situation and I honestly wasn't trying to lie. At the time, I simply didn't put much thought into how I listed my work experience since I told myself that I would explain when I was asked about it.

The worst part is that all my previous jobs have nothing to do with the job I applied to. I put down my work experience to show that I was doing something when I wasn't in school. I could have probably not listed any work experience and I would have been better off since my previous jobs were irrelevant. Not sure if it makes a difference, but this is for an entry level job aimed at recent grads.

This situation is stressing me out, and at this point I'm just trying to figure out the best course of action. If asked about the wrong dates, I think my explanation could work due to the nature of the jobs I've had recently. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone, I just didn't do a good job of explaining myself. This is one of the few jobs I've applied to so I didn't think too much about how I worded my previous jobs.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I withdraw my job application? Should I withdraw my job application? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.