Should I (23F) work the day after my birthday even though I requested off to boost my chances of working full-time?

Hi so my job is currently deciding on whether to promote me and other interested coworkers to full-time positions. We were supposed to hear back by Wednesday but did not. My supervisor just reached out to me and I’m wondering how to proceed.

She texted: “Hi, I know you’re trying for FT so I want to see how I can get you scheduled for 36 hours a week starting in February. With your time-off needs and our coverage in mind, I’m thinking the following schedule. Please lmk if you have any issues with these shifts!”

My thoughts: welllllllll first, yay! 36 hours is the minimum for FT. So, maybe they’re thinking of seeing how I handle the additional hours? Maybe they are willing to give me the hours but not the insurance (which is fine bc my other job gives me insurance). Either way, yay to more hours! However. One of the days she wants to schedule me is a day I requested off. I requested off next weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) for my birthday. Now, if she was asking me to work Sunday, I’d say fine no problem. But she’s asking me to work Saturday 12pm-8pm.

I’m torn. On the one hand, that would give me the morning to myself... but my cousin made plans to come over that night to celebrate me. I wanted to be off to relax and celebrate myself. I requested off for this purpose. I didn’t want to worry about not staying up late or not getting to drunk or having to work the next day. On the other hand, I want to be available and I’m thankful for them wanting to give me extra hours. They scheduled me 36 hours for the second week .. so maybe it’s okay to just say look I requested off this day and I need it off but I’m really happy to work 36 hours starting then. Wyt?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I (23F) work the day after my birthday even though I requested off to boost my chances of working full-time? Should I (23F) work the day after my birthday even though I requested off to boost my chances of working full-time? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 29, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.