Scam alert? Santillana

My sister is a school teacher and was contacted about a job through indeed. For proof reading at 35$ an hour. Her dream job essentially. As her sister I was excited for her. She told me she was unsure about it after a few days and something seemed off. She told me that commination was done over the app 'whats app' which I'm not familiar with. But it seemed sketchy to me. I told her to send me everything. She said a recruiter contacted her. She showed me the text and then emailed me the correspondence from this app. They interviewed her via text. Then said she was a good fit and she was hired. They sent over a employment letter for her to sign. Me being paranoid as is noticed on the letter a background behind the signature. They sent her the website at first before the "interview" to review the site. It looks legit but all the managers on the site are not the guy interviewing her in the process.

They asked her a series of questions after stating she was hired Her address Her social How she would like her funds via direct despot, check ect. They said they would provide her with an apple laptop. And theyd send her a check. They sent the check via email from a generic accounting email. I work in accounting so I know something is off when it doesn't state a name anywhere in the email. And I've never seen a check sent this way. They said in the email that it expired after a certain amount of time.

The person guiding her asked to deposit the check and asked her if she was familiar with zelle. And to zelle the funds to their "vendor" and supplied an email. The funds went through her bank and they instructed her to send 1000 to the email then asked for another 1000 she said that's more then the funds sent. They said 600$ and to provide a " snap shot" they asked about her despot limit. She told me the funds desposited and she sent these payments.

She then got the weird feeling something wasn't right when they asked to send a picture of her office area.

She confronted them (after I learned all the information and told her it was sketchy and sent her articles about working from home scam jobs and myself trying to contact the company via phone and searching BBB and was unable to get through to anyONE or find anything online) they just gave her their word it was not a scam.

Unfortunately she sent them all her information. Her social. Address. Not bank info but she sent funds through zelle. Her signature on this employment letter.

Am I crazy or does this 100% seem like a red flag.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Scam alert? Santillana Scam alert? Santillana Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 29, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.