Recently got scheduled for a job interview in a field that I am a bit unfamiliar with and I'm not sure how to feel.

Hello, this is my first time posting here so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules! Anyways, I'm a current senior majoring in chemical engineering who's graduating in a few months. I go to school in the bay area, so my original plan was to work in biotech/pharma, so I've tailored my major towards that. I chose a concentration in biotechnology, am minoring in bioE, and have interned twice at a biotech startup near here, although my internship experience has been much more chemistry related than chemE related (ran a lot of small scale experiments in the lab, did some polymer characterization, etc.).

Anyways, I recently was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter with TSMC, a semiconductor manufacturing company for those who might be unfamiliar. He asked for my resume and said he would reply shortly if they were interested in me. Given the current job climate I reasoned that there was no harm in trying even if it’s an industry I don't really know much about.

Fast forward to now, and they've scheduled a 1.5 hour interview with me that’s coming up in a few days, and I just feel very weird about the situation and I don't know what to think. I know next to NOTHING about the semiconductor industry, semiconductors in general, and what a process engineer would do on a day-to-day basis.

You guys might be wondering why I'm even interested in this job in the first place. Well, when the opportunity came to me, I kind of had a “why the heck not” mentality. In my head, if they reached out to me, then they probably felt I had the experience/knowledge to apply myself. In addition, before my actual job I would be required to train in Taiwan for about a year, so I reasoned that maybe they’ll teach me the specific skills that I don’t have in that time frame. And overall, given how much I’ve struggled to even get interviews after applying so much, I don’t feel like I was in a position to decline their interest for no reason. After learning a bit about TSMC and doing very surface-level research about engineers working in semiconductor manufacturing, it definitely did spark my interest as something I could have some interest in.

Given all this, I’m still feeling very perplexed. If it’s a 1.5 hr interview, surely they’re going to ask me technical questions related to the field, which I KNOW I probably won’t be able to answer, and at this point I was hoping some of you would have insight on my situation. Am I stupid for even pursuing this offer? Do any of you have experience potentially working in a field you don’t know much about/have no experience in? Is that even a thing people do? Am I going to get clowned during the interview as they realize how little knowledge I have? Am I overthinking everything right now? Sorry if this comes off as a bit dumb but I just wanted other peoples’ input.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Recently got scheduled for a job interview in a field that I am a bit unfamiliar with and I'm not sure how to feel. Recently got scheduled for a job interview in a field that I am a bit unfamiliar with and I'm not sure how to feel. Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.