How do I ask my boss for more responsibilities when I'm technically not even working full-time?

I have a bachelor's of science and am currently a research assistant for a study. My job is basic and very monotonous- I basically recruit participants over the phone and go through a script/survey with them. I used to work full-time in a clinic and had more duties back then (and there was also much more downtime) but am forced to work remotely due to COVID. It's still technically "full-time," but no clear guidelines for hours were set once we moved to remote work and no one actually works a full 8 hours each day. From our reports, I actually work 25% more than the average even though I only log 3-4 hours per day.

This job is basically a stepping stone for pre-med students to get research experience before med school (which also applies to me), but there is no guarantee that I'll get in this cycle and may have to reapply, so I'm looking to add more hours at work and save up some more money which is difficult to do at only 3-4 hours per day and $12/hr after taxes. I could technically do 8 hours of straight calls per day, but it's mentally draining and exhausting just to do 3 hours per day and I know that all of the other research assistants feel the same way as they log even fewer hours.

I remember during the beginning of COVID, my boss mentioned that there were multiple projects they were running, and even though I expressed that I'd be happy to help out in any way possible, he must have missed it or disregarded it and I got placed on the same project as before. The good thing though is that some of them didn't seem to involve calls, more like data entry which I'd be happy to do just for a change of pace. I'm not sure if they're still running these additional projects, but would it be fine for me to ask for more responsibilities even though I'm technically not even working full-time? Luckily my boss seems to like me and notice my hard work, always says how appreciative he is in his emails, but I don't want to mess up the current dynamic by asking for more/different work.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I ask my boss for more responsibilities when I'm technically not even working full-time? How do I ask my boss for more responsibilities when I'm technically not even working full-time? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 24, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.