Finding it hard to land the job I want

A bit of background. Graduated in 2017 from a mid level ex poly UK university. Major in Finance, minor in Accounting. Not sure if that’s how it works in the US. Got my first “graduate” role in Accounts Payable (bane of my life). Did that for a year. Got a job at big4 in client admin, did that for a year. Relocated to North America and landed a job in AP, pretty quickly actually. Did that for a year and a month and it was a living nightmare. Worst job I’ve had to date and it really knocked my confidence.

I’m back in the UK, been back since October. Finding it really hard to get a job as a Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant or even a Part-qualified Accountant. I’ve had nothing but rejections, seriously! Some within hours which is shocking.

I know covid means there’s tough competition but I don’t suck that much! I’m studying for an accounting certification equivalent to CPA with 5 exams left. I saw a job at the big4 I worked at (they offered me my old role). I’m scared to apply because they might not even call me for an interview. I applied for an associate role there and was rejected. They offered me my admin job back which is great and I’m waiting for that to finalise but I really want to work in a varied accounts role.

I hate AP and it’s not what I want or like to do which is why I leave a job after a year. Applying internally never worked out so I feel stuck. Stuck in AP, stuck in admin. I just can’t get a recruiter to give me a chance. I’ve paid and had my resume/CV done so it’s “perfect” but still radio silence.

Feeling disheartened right now.

Any tips?

TLDR - can’t get a job in an accounting role I want. Feel like an inc£l but for jobs. Any tips?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Finding it hard to land the job I want Finding it hard to land the job I want Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.