New job won't give me anything to do or train me.

Hello all. I recently got a new job as a chemist for a medium-sized pharma company two months ago. The first two weeks were very standard orientation-type stuff, all being virtual in light of covid so I did all of it at home. Since I've been on the site, my specific lab at the company has not initiating lab training with me whatsoever. I have been given a lot of SOP's to read but I have officially been out of more to read for at least a month now. I let my direct leads know I am ready to start my training but they are extremely busy. I ask on a daily basis what I can do and they have nothing for me besides being in on skype meetings.

Everyone has said this is typical in the beginning and to enjoy it while it lasts because once I start training there will be A LOT for me to have to do, but they are rapidly expanding and hiring 3 more people and are now having issues with lab space as to not properly social distance. They didn't think that might become a problem before hiring more people?

The learning curve is very steep and there is a very rigid process to training and becoming certified on tasks. I am also NOT entry-level and had lots of experience but also have never worked for a large company like this before. Everyone there doesnt have the time to train but if they trained me on stuff I could help them so they'd be less busy. There certainly does seem like there is A TON of work that has to be done but I am terrified it will get to the point where they let me go in order to free up lab space and forgo lab productivity. Because I don't know how long theyd be willing to pay me to just "be patient." Is there anything else I can do besides just asking on a daily basis what the plan for me is?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

New job won't give me anything to do or train me. New job won't give me anything to do or train me. Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.