I’m currently at a busy vets office, working in reception. I’ve been there for maybe 2 months. It’s so toxic that I don’t think I can stay. I’m already struggling with my health so much, and I can’t justify the damage I’m doing by staying.
During the interview, I made it clear that I’m a full time college student and I can work 15-20 hours a week. Yet I’m being scheduled for 26+ hours. I’m so close to failing a class I need to graduate and losing my scholarship. Absolutely not sustainable. I talked to my supervisor about this. She told me that my training takes priority and I need to work more. Won’t seem to acknowledge that they are over scheduling me, instead makes it about my work performance and the things I don’t really know how to do. Like I signed up for this, even if I was mislead and misinformed, and I don’t have the option to say no. Not even to mention the ‘rules’ that seemed to apply to me and only me. No non branded jacket, but no jacket for me, and I have to go outside in any weather to take payments. No breaks or eating on 6-8 hour shifts. Somehow I’m the only one that gets reprimanded for these things.
After today, I’ve decided to quit. It’s not worth the stress. But I’m really worried about it. I understand that my work history won’t be good with a 2 month job. If I’m asked about it during an interview or application, is it reasonable to let the interviewer know that it was not a good fit for my availability? I hate to blame things on a toxic environment, but I don’t want to look unreliable or like I quit when I get bored.
I know that the proper thing is a two week notice. But I don’t think I can handle that. And the way my coworkers treat me is almost certainly going to get much worse. We do have a company email assigned, so I can send an email directly to the practice manager. Is it the wrong decision to email her tonight and let her read it tomorrow? I’d like to just to cut ties without a two week notice. I took my stuff all home, so no need to return other than handing in my uniform and key. Is this a terrible idea? Am I wrong to quit with no warning? Will this hurt my resume?
I’m really stuck and I could use any advice on how to proceed here. TYSM folks
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: