On Monday I start my dream job which I was planning to go to in my 40s, I am 12 years early!

I am ecstatic about this, I started off working with the MOD in future technology R&D straight out of uni. It was a great career but it was the other side of the country from all my friends, family and relationship - in my early 20s it was ridiculously lonely and I entered a spiral of depression. The job role was great and the day to day but it was the wrong time.

I moved back home and got a job at a large car company, it wasn't my specialty but I was at home and earning HUGE money. It was here that I met consultants and realised I wanted to spend 20 years (20-40) studying more courses, getting further qualifications in PM, EM etc and then become a consultant.

I got made redundant when that company moved all the work to Slovakia thanks to Brexit and was head hunted by a local company who gave me the salary I asked for. I hated the work, I was a project manager for a company that made chairs.

An Aerospace Engineer with a history of defence R&D and multinational automotive was now making chairs.

Coronavirus hit and the company got fucked badly, we was all let go and I was left unemployed for 9 months.

I was applying to roles on LinkedIn (at what I considered my level) and accidently sent an application to a company for a role as a consultant (full time, not contract) in military R&D. Not only did I send it, I clicked it 5 times when I thought my computer froze and sent the application 5 times, they actually replied saying "we note that you have sent multiple applications for this role. Please note we are considering you and will be in touch". I thought I had fucked it.

Looking through their staff, they are all ex military generals, captains, directors of the MOD and directors of companies such as Boeing, BAE, and Lockheed. I was well out of my league.

After 4 interviews (escalating technical director > finance director > CEO > company creators and HR) and an absolute frick up where the British government has stopped all applications of security clearance which meant the company was about to say "we want you, but are unable to have you so no thanks", 4 months after sending those 5 applications I start my job!

I wanted to be a consultant engineer when I hit 40. I am now 28 and start that job role in 3 days.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

On Monday I start my dream job which I was planning to go to in my 40s, I am 12 years early! On Monday I start my dream job which I was planning to go to in my 40s, I am 12 years early! Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 12, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.