I was offered a job at a big company abroad and I'm kind of freaking out about which choices I should make!

Hi everyone!

First of all, I must say that I am based in Europe so whatever choices I make, I will have a decent health insurance and enough holidays + there is a minimum job security by law (you can't get laid off in 1 day) - so these things are not something that will make a big difference to me.

To tell my story, I was employed in my home country for almost 5 years after living in a few different countries. The job was ok, the pay was ok but I felt for years that I could get something more exciting and better-paid since there were no career progressions possibilities at my company. I applied to many positions during these 5 years and got almost no answer at all and zero invitation to an interview. So after a while, I decided to quit and go travel. I wanted mainly to improve my level at different languages and learn new sports while doing some remote freelancing jobs. But well, the pandemic hit, and I had to give up on my plans.

Luckily, I got a few freelancing jobs and when summer came, I decided to start looking for a permanent job again. I had very low expectations since the economy was really damaged and I had not received any reply to my applications in the previous years.

So I applied for a job at big company abroad, I got the interview but failed the tests. I received a couple of rejections for other jobs. Then, I applied at a job at Apple outside of my home country. It seemed very entry-level compared to what I can do but I thought I could apply anyway and see what happens later. But the thing is, they called me back, I passed their tests and all the interviews, and they finally offered me the job! At first, I thought I should accept it since I had nothing else and the pay as well as the benefits were very decent, I felt it would be fun living in a new country and I thought I could maybe have some career progression there. Then, the same day Apple offered me a job, two different companies I had applied at in my home country called me back and I passed their first interviews, and besides, something looking like my "dream job" was advertised.

So now, I'm freaking out because the job at Apple starts in just a couple of weeks, so I would probably have to move countries in the middle of the pandemic and possible lockdowns to do a very average job. I felt that was my best option before because they were the only ones to have called me back but now I feel hopeful again to get a more interesting job in my home country (and I feel that due to the current situation, I would prefer to live in the same country as my family at the moment)... but I still don't know if I will really get these jobs! So I don't know what to do because I feel it will be very difficult for to change my mind once I started the process to relocate for Apple!

As anyone been in a similar situation before?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I was offered a job at a big company abroad and I'm kind of freaking out about which choices I should make! I was offered a job at a big company abroad and I'm kind of freaking out about which choices I should make! Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 29, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.