Few days ago, I posted asking what was the best way to ask for a higher hourly pay when starting a new job. The place that offered me a position was $1.50 higher than my current place of employment, but with the higher taxes and higher cost of living where I was moving to - I was still going to be in the same situation where I am currently. Having to work a second job to even attempt to save. Never being able to work towards a better future.
So I took a chance and emailed them back. I thanked them for the offer, and explained my reservations around the offered pay. I wrote a thoughtful response that I'm trying to grow out of my current financial situation, and I would hope for something more in line with $xx/hour. At that point, I thanked them for their time and consideration and if they felt they could not meet my needs, to please keep me in mind if a position opens up closer to that line of pay. I did high ball them a little, so I figured we could work towards a more reasonable number for them but still financially better number for me.
I went all day waiting for a response. Feeling like I was going to throw up. That I played my hand too hard and was going to be sent back a "Thanks, but no thanks."
And then it came! The email! I opened it and read.... That they'd be happy to offer me the higher pay; no negotiating to get it lower!
So here I am. Finally digging myself out of a hole I never thought I'd leave since I'm not utilizing my degree. But now, I'm being paid in line with where I would have started with that. No where to go but up from here!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: