Hi, Reddit! I am a 25F working in soft collections at a finance company. It is business to business collections so it is not aggressive and most of the time I’m just getting payment status. If it were personal or more aggressive collections, I would definitely not be able to handle it as I’m a sweetie and the idea of taking someone’s last dollar would hurt me.
That being said, I was an English major in college. I’m the first person in my family to graduate from a four year university so I had little advice or direction. Growing up I wanted to be a veterinarian but I was rejected from the only college in the state I lived in that had a veterinary program (without having to transfer). I moved on and went to another college to study English literature and I loved it! I loved class discussions on what we had read and looking at things from new points of view. When I graduated, I moved to another state. I had originally planned to study in England and was accepted to colleges there for a masters degree in publishing. I spent the summer researching though, and I realized I would be spending a lot of money for a career that was cutthroat and hard to break into. I might come back to limited job opportunities. So I withdrew my applications and I found a job as a business development assistant (had no idea what that entailed ha) but I took the job because I was desperate for health insurance and regular hours after working as a vet clinic assistant with little pay and weird hours all the time.
I moved from the sales department over to operations after about nine months and I’ve been with the company for three years now but I’m starting to worry. I love my bosses, and most of my coworkers. I work for a good company that takes care of its employees. They have bought us lunch, we’ve received bonuses, they give us adequate vacation, etc. I have decent benefits. I like nearly everything about the job, except the job itself.
Collections is not for me. Repetitive tasks are not stimulating enough for me, and I’m a bit shy and don’t like to talk on the phone every day all day. I am bored with my job and I’m just unsure what to do. I know the grass isn’t always greener and I’m scared of losing what I have. My company is a good company though, so people stay awhile. The likelihood of me moving to a new position that I might like could be years and years from now.
What should I do? I know the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, but the longer I work in this position the more worried I get. I can’t do this job forever and staying here is not getting me experience in something I would be interested in doing (even though I don’t know what that would be). I still don’t know what I want to do for a career, but I feel like I’ve got a timer on my back and it’s going to run out. I told myself I don’t have to rush, but I know job searching only gets harder as you get older.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
TL; DR - I work at a great company with good benefits and nice bosses but the job itself is dreadfully boring and I have a hard time staying motivated. It could take years before I could get a new position. What to do?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: