Resume discrepancy anxiety

I just accepted an offer for a job that is much better than the one I have. My offer is conditional to passing a background check, as usual.

Now here's the thing. When I crafted my resume for this job I wanted to be as precise as possible. So on my resume I put the dates where I attended law school as a law student. The coursework for my degree was completed at the date I put on my resume.

I took on an additional semester afterwards with a non-related language class that I ended up giving up on (attended once, canceled it before the time limit, hasn't affected my GPA). I hadn't realized, but not only did that push back the date on my diploma by a full semester (I got mine by mail as I didn't attend the ceremony and I just assumed they send them out once per year at the end of the traditional school year, yeah maybe I'm stupid), but the one-class throwaway semester seems to count as a law semester even though I had everything I needed to graduate the semester beforehand (as proven by the fact I graduated without even completing this class), so the date I put on my resume is officially wrong by every metric. I completed it in the standard 3 years, now it looks like I fudged the dates to make it look like I graduated on time.

Obviously they're asking for the date of completion. What the hell do I do now? If I put the graduation date on my diploma then my resume lies. If I put the last law school semester date then the official date won't match any way you cut it. I'm partial to putting the official graduation date as it seems to be the lesser evil, but do I attach an addendum with an explanation? Do I do nothing, wait, and hope this won't count against me too much? Do I contact my alma mater and hope there is a way to rectify this somehow?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Resume discrepancy anxiety Resume discrepancy anxiety Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 02, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.