Advice needed: New job isn't what I hoped for, but I don't know if it's worth leaving..

So, I'm a little over 3 months into my new job. Overall, it's going very well. My manager adores me and I honestly don't think I could have asked for a better manager. For the first time working in this industry, I have a manager that constantly builds you up and brags about your achievements, as opposed to tearing you down and failing to recognize your achievements. Losing her would be a definite negative of leaving.

There are just two main issues I'm having here. Pay and scheduling.

My hourly pay is higher than it was at my last job, yet I'm making less and my deductions are higher. I work partially off commission. With my increase in deductions, the increased hourly pay hasn't benefited me at all. I also receive less bonuses and other incentives. Meaning overall, I'm not making crap. I could once accept bonuses from outside my company, but this company doesn't allow that, either. I've lost half of my monthly income.

I went from being 100% completely independent to having to borrow money for rent, for the first time in my adult life. Shoot, I even work a little overtime most weeks and it still isn't enough.

Scheduling. Several times (maybe 5 or 6?) since I started my schedule has been changed due to miscommunication or poor planning. This past week is a prime example. My schedule had been in place for over a month. It inconvenienced someone else's last minute plans so my schedule was changed with little regard to my existing plans, with less than 24 hrs notice around the holidays.

I have an opportunity to apply for a position I've been waiting to come open for two years. (The location has been under construction) The pay is automatically a $2 increase plus guaranteed higher commission, for the exact same position I'm in now. Someone less qualified than me could be making way more than me if I don't try for it..

But I'm afraid to apply. One, I'm afraid they'll take one look at my resume and think I'm just a job hopper.. Two, I work in a small industry. I'm afraid that if I apply for the position, my manager will find out. With my luck, she probably knows the manager doing the hiring.

But I'm also afraid that if I stay I'll just keep burying myself in bills.

Idk what to do! I'm awful about doing things for myself. When I choose to join a company, I become very loyal to that company and the people I work with.

(To clarify, I actually work in a very large industry, but those of us in the industry tend to know each other and run in the same circles. It's a very clicky, high school-esque industry.)

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Advice needed: New job isn't what I hoped for, but I don't know if it's worth leaving.. Advice needed: New job isn't what I hoped for, but I don't know if it's worth leaving.. Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 01, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.