Young Employee Looking for Upward Movement, Basically Told to ‘Just Do Your Job’

Hey guys, I'll keep this short.

Context: I'm one year out of undergrad. Got a job at my spring semester internship, so have been with the company over a year. I work in media.

Issues: Today, I spoke with one of the higher-ups on the phone about an idea I had for a new, larger project. I was turned down, basically told I needed to keep doing what was in my job description (which is small work—like any entry-level thing). This comes after I've applied to two promotions which I was turned down for, and I've talked with the same higher-up about a path to a more meaningful/larger-project-oriented gig. The sense I got from the phone call was the higher-up wanted me to prove myself more in my current role before I took on larger steps, which is reasonable—except I've been here for a year, have spearheaded larger projects that have been successful, and others who were in my boat have whizzed passed me promotion-wise within the past two years. I'll note that the larger projects I've taken on haven't really gotten a lot of recognition/praise from management compared to other people’s larger projects.

So I'm kind of trying to figure out if my employer straight-up doesn't value me/my ideas, doesn't seek upward mobility for me at all ~OR~ I have some delusions of grandeur about my abilities, I'm being entitled, and I need to eat some humble pie. Maybe my employer hates me? I‘m not sure.

In my current role, I know for a fact that I'm not using all of the abilities I have under my belt. I'm not being creative (which I value), and its not really challenging me anymore. I feel like a "content" robot... just making a sh*tton of “content“ all day.

SO—I'd like some insight. Is this just what all work is? Am I being entitled? Does my employer not value me? Do I need to look for a new gig? Thanks all.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Young Employee Looking for Upward Movement, Basically Told to ‘Just Do Your Job’ Young Employee Looking for Upward Movement, Basically Told to ‘Just Do Your Job’ Reviewed by Louhi on juin 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.