Want to escape retail

I'm 24 years old going on 25 and I graduated from University in 2016 with a Bachelor's in Communications but didn't take any internships, which I realize was a huge mistake. Since then I've been caught in nothing but retail jobs. My first job ever was at Walgreens as a Customer Service Associate making $9/hr, which got bumped up to $9.23 after my yearly review. I eventually left for an office job as a Marketing Assistant/Administrative Assistant at a property management company making $13/hr but got let go after 2 months once my productivity took a nosedive (I won't make any excuses. I had lost engagement in my work and just....started taking my sweet time doing it in between browsing the internet and playing games on my phone).

After 2 months of being unemployed, I eventually landed a job at Best Buy as an Asset Protection Specialist making $11/hr. I initially applied for a warehouse job, but the assistant manager liked me so much he wanted to keep me on the team, even if I couldn't get the warehouse job. After 5 months, I was made full-time status (which my manager considered as a supervisory type of role) and my pay was bumped to $12.50/hr.

While I like my store culture and get along well with both management and my fellow co-workers, I find myself wanting to pursue a career with a higher potential for growth and I'm not sure I can get it where I'm at now. I want to break free of the retail cycle entirely but I feel I don't have enough hard skills to negotiate for something else. Any advice?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Want to escape retail Want to escape retail Reviewed by Louhi on juin 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.