Update on previous post: I took the job and it's such a bad experience I'm probably going to quit tomorrow. I have nothing lined up. Advice?
I went with the full time job and it turned out to be a really really rough time. I'm a biologist and I interviewed to do sample handling and they hired me as a chemist. I am very bad at chemistry and I thought this would be an opportunity to learn and grow my skills. It would also teach me a new software and since I wanna do field biology one of my areas of lacking is chemistry in my resume so I figured it would be a good badge.
I have not had orientation and I have been here for over a week, even though I'm supposed to get it the first day. Speaking of my first day, when I was told I was cleared to start, I was never told a time to report it. On the first day I found out after a few calls that the HR person had left the company over the weekend apparently. Then the other HR people told me I wasn't ready to start and I started the next week. I literally don't even know when I get paid or have any of the basic things the other coworkers have like a way to clock in! In the lab they have very very roughly trained me and have already started me on my own with tests I've only done once (the wrong way too, people are cutting corners because they're understaffed and that's a whole can of worms that I'm not going to participate in), the environment seems too lax on the safety (I tend to get paranoid about chemical exposure but I'm literally working with toxic solvents, smelling them for way too long to be comfortable with), the commute is an hour away, and I am pissing everyone off with my inability to do the work because I'm bad at it and also they're too busy to just shadow or supervise me. I understand where they're coming from because they are just other people in the lab, trying to do their work and I'm a major time drain. But I need to be trained! I can't just do the test without knowing how to! If I sit and read to look up how exactly to do the test I'm told I'm taking too long.
Apparently half of their old staff quit and I can understand why. I have stayed late for most of my shifts since starting and even had a 12 hour shift because the test took so long. Today I was being yelled at the end of my shift because I was not able to do a test that someone showed me once before, like literally the person was saying that this is the easiest test in the lab and I have to understand why I'm doing it wrong even though he won't tell me (he was the one who trained me on it). Someone eventually helped me with it and told me he was just mean but I really can't handle this level of stress anymore. I've had many jobs and this is just too much.
My issue now is this: I want to go in tomorrow and quit, first thing in the morning because I have a bunch of paperwork they need and I figure now would be a good time to quit anyway rather then have them file it and waste time. I actually saw someone start mid last week and quit this week too. I am in a weird situation though, I'm a year out of college and this is my first full time job in a science. I turned down my old seasonal science job for this position because of the pay and benefits, and I worked there for the past 3 summers. I recently moved back to this state so I was working retail last month. I'm considering reapplying to this retail job because I need money, and I left on good terms. It was awful leaving so soon after training and starting and they really seemed to like me. How bad of a plan is it to reapply to my old retail job, and quit tomorrow morning without a confirmation from the retail job? Career wise this looks like it's going to be such a nightmare on my resume because of the job hopping, and the retail job might not rehire me. So then I'm worried if it'll be even possible to find a job because I'll be such a red flag, two short jobs and a year out of college. What do I do? I know the best move here would be to stick it out but I really don't think I can. I realized the other day that the other aspects of my life are being neglected because I'm so stressed with this job. I've had full time work before and that's never happened before. I've been through very stressful situations and that never happened before. My friends and family recommend I stay but I don't think they understand how bad it is and I think since they have seen my unemployment they're afraid to see me quit. I was thinking about this on my way home and I realized I'm really the only one who's going into work here so I should probably trust my gut on this.
TL;DR: I chose a new full time job offer over a seasonal job offer from an old workplace, while working a retail job. I quit the retail job after working there for a month for this new job. The job turned out to be a nightmare and I want to quit tomorrow morning. I have not really been properly started at the job due to HR being a mess, but I have been working for the past week. I'm probably going to reapply to the retail job because I left on good terms and they really seemed to like me there, but I do not know if I am blacklisted. How do I go about this? How bad of an idea is this? How bad will this be for my career, my resume? I'm a year out of college and this was my first real job offer. I need to leave this company asap. I just moved back here 3 months ago so I have been getting a lot of responses. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: