I have been working at my job for 6 months and I feel emotionally and physically drained...

Throwaway since some of my co-workers may use Reddit, but before I begin, I would like to provide a little backstory. Before I started where I am now, I worked at a local supermarket chain for about 2 years while I put myself through school. I graduated last year with an Associates in Computers. While employed at the supermarket, I enjoyed working 20-30 hours over the weekend shifts so that I could have my entire week to do whatever I wanted. My boss also told me that I did a great job and was sorry to see me go when I did, but it was a great transition out and no feelings were hurt. At my current job, I am working significantly more hours than I was for slightly higher pay and I am trying to determine if the emotional and physical distraught is worth it...

Fast forward to now, I work at a local IT Firm with your typical 8-5, M-F, and function as their "Bench" guy making $11 an hour. Now, what my job entails is, I fix customer computers that come in off the street, computers that other technicians bring back from our clients that they are unable to fix on-site, and I setup new PC's for our clients that pay for our services. Ever since I started, I haven't worked less than 44 hours per week. This may not seem like much, but my weekly hours have been slowly creeping up for the past 3-4 months. I think this is due to the fact that the Owner has been slowly giving me the responsibility of troubleshooting/maintaining our main office computers/network on top of everything else. Most, if not all of the work pertaining to our main office has to be done at after-hours when everyone is gone for the day. This means that I have to get to work at 8:00a.m and usually have to stay past closing to about 8-9p.m in the afternoon (Sometimes I have to come in around 6:30-7:00a.m, but more on that next). The owner is very picky about what he/she wants and I have to spend a lot of my time going back and re-configuring things I did the night before to make him/her happy. I haven't had much experience in the field of IT, so I have to constantly ask questions to keep up with the same pace as everyone else and to make sure I don't mess anything up (Lose customer data and possibly my job). I have talked with my manager multiple times and he/she says that they are thrilled with the work that I am doing and says that I have exceeded every expectation they had of me. I know I am probably supposed to take this as good news, but I feel like I am draining myself physically and emotionally working 50+ hours a week for $1 more than what I was making at the supermarket.

I would also like to add that I do enjoy my field and the work I do, and I'm not necessarily looking to change fields. I'm still trying to find what aspect of IT I would like to get into and having to workhorse my way through projects to meet deadlines doesn't give me time to sit down and understand which aspects of IT I enjoy and which ones I don't. I'm not sure if I should try looking for a different job, or if I should try to make things work with my current employer. I understand leaving at 6 months would garner some looks from any future employer, so I wanted to turn to Reddit to weigh my options. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from you all, and if I happened to miss anything or if something needs clarification, I will be happy to do so. I look forward to hearing from you all!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I have been working at my job for 6 months and I feel emotionally and physically drained... I have been working at my job for 6 months and I feel emotionally and physically drained... Reviewed by Louhi on juin 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.