How to deal with "pettiness" in a new job.

Hi reddit,

So I just started a new corporate job a week ago, and to summarize the experience it's been great so far except for this tiny situation I just went through.

The company I got myself into appears to have a very good environment and culture overall and I accepted the position because of this.

When I started last week I went right ahead to be trained and of course they were periods in which I would not have anything to do but sit at my desk or shadow someone who worked on things I didn't understand at all.

So basically around those times, I did take my phone out and perhaps browsed it for a few minutes then put it back, you know, because I didn't not had absolutely anything to do and I was awaiting my next training or introductory meeting.

Fast forward on Friday my coworker sees me in the phone and she's like: You want a piece of advice? Put your phone away because there's people talking already? And I'm like whaaat?

I said: I'm sorry I didn't know it was a big deal.

Then today first thing I get from the boss in my email is "Cellphone", stating that I'm expected to keep it stashed 100% while I'm training. So I replied professionally - Thanks for the feedback, I didn't knew the policy and I will comply. Bai.

But it just left me a bitter aftertaste, I know I don't go to work to make friends, but I left a very tightly knit workplace for this and I just never had to deal with this feeling I was under the microscope. I accept you have to do a good job of course, I'm all in for accountability.

But who's this people who's complaining? They're not superiors because otherwise they wouldn't have to wait until my boss is back to complain about my "cElLphOnE uSagE".

My second issue here is that, it's not about the cellphone, it's about integrity, if with something like this, someone is making a big fuss about it with me being brand speaking new, what can I expect when I have questions, or when I need help, or worse, when I make a mistake? If there's people looking for this minutiae, can't help but to think they'll be no free passes.

I guess I'm just paranoid of feeling that I'm being micromanaged.

And on top of that, today they were announcing more gestapo-crazy changes and now the program that you punch in with has a point system where 12 points a year are grounds for termination. (Hello Dwight's accountability machine?)

Rude awakening I guess. Suggestions?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to deal with "pettiness" in a new job. How to deal with "pettiness" in a new job. Reviewed by Louhi on juin 17, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.