I initially went to College for Drama and then made the switch to Psychology with hopes of being a therapist. I didn't apply myself academically and graduated with a 2.68 GPA. I worked as an applied behavioral therapist and realized that therapy wasn't for me. After some fruitless job searches I applied to a Mathnasium, even though I had no interest in tutoring. I was good at math and needed the money. I worked there for over four years and ended up loving it. There wasn't any room for career progress though. My plan at the time was to go to grad school and become a Research Psychologist.
I joined a Post-Baccalaureate program and really applied myself. I made research connections, got experience, wrote papers, and got good grades. I applied for several doctorate programs and got no acceptances. My growth didn't matter, my lousy undergrad GPA pulled me down too much. I didn't want to go fora masters since i really didn't have the money for it and I felt I really needed to start a career path.
I moved back home with my parents and became a substitute teacher in the area. It was a great job but dried up for the summer. And now I;m back applying to temp positions that aren't messaging me back. I feel that I'm falling into whatever job lands in my lap. The jobs I want to do either won't hire me, I'm unqualified for, or I need to go back to school for. I'm 28, living at home, and I need a career path of some kind but there's little I feel purely passionate for. I don't think i can keep working part-time or dead-end jobs forever.
Anyone else feel this way? How did you get out of the slump?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: