Being offered my old job back only a week after a rather bitter “firing”

It’s been nine days actually since I was “fired”. I use quotations because I wasn’t fired, I walked out after losing my cool and telling my manager to “figure his shit out”.

Previously, I was with the company for 5.5 years. I started as most do, as a driver. Eventually, I moved up to an inventory position and was transferred to a warehouse style store to work with their inventory and supplying other stores with supplementary inventory that the main warehouse can’t fill at that time.

This lead to me quickly being inventory manager. I had one specialist underneath me that handled the main order, overseeing the stocking and any excess help I may need. I handled pretty much everything else that had to do with managing inventory. And this had been the case for about 3.5 to 4 of those 5.5 years. Over that time, I had tried to talk my manager into cross training employees. He wanted none of it. His mind was set that X position has X responsibilities, nothing more.

In the four or so months leading up to my “firing”, things had gone downhill. For whatever reason, more and more people were doing less and less work. Drivers not wanting to put parts up, people walking around half the day on their phones, it even effected managers where they were either whining to the GM or just not enforcing things at all because they had given up trying. This put the most burden on my specialist and I because ultimately, our stores core function is inventory. Without inventory being managed and maintained, nobody else can do their jobs properly.

Our storewide inventory came around, and we were about $20,000 over where we should’ve been. In the black is good right? Not exactly. As I started looking into some of the variance, I realized that our inventory was completely botched. And the more I fixed it, the lower that number got. Eventually the DM gets involved and as I’m explaining, realizes that this happen not only to our store, but every one of his stores. He’s livid but thanks me for finding this.

A few weeks goes by, and I’m dragged into the office by the GM, with the assistant manager. I assume I’m being fired. No, GM starts raining us about how we “care too much about having a correct inventory and not enough about a complete inventory”. He states that going forward, my PRIMARY function is to stock. Put product away. Nothing more. And if I am not follow that directive, both myself and the assistant manager will be written up. We all argued, he overruled, we went about our days.

I did no returns. I did no cycle counts. I did no inventory control of any kind, unless specifically directed. Twice was I verbally chastised for adjusting inventory without consulting the GM. On the day that I walked out, it was because of something as simple as a broken product. Customer wanted 8, we had 6. Why? Because two were broken and I was told to throw them away. GM would handle the adjustment. But he never did. And now he lost a sale. And it’s MY fault. So I lost my cool, told him how this decision to undermine me was the best thing he could’ve done because now he can finally see what I’m worth and maybe he would figure his shit out. And I left.

I received a call today from said manager. Apologized for “firing me”. Offering me back my position. This also came with a promise of me no longer needing his oversight. And what would equate to about a 32% raise. He said the place has absolutely fallen apart, there are parts of my job that nobody in the building knows how to, there’s no way they can get people trained and get back on top of things the way they were. I told him I would think about it and give him an answer come Monday.

I have nothing lined up as of yet and have been trying to find new employment for a while, even when I was still employed by them. As much as being out of there for the past week has been great, I do have bills to pay and hope that maybe things have changed? Regardless, I would still be looking for employment elsewhere. Should I take the position back?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Being offered my old job back only a week after a rather bitter “firing” Being offered my old job back only a week after a rather bitter “firing” Reviewed by Louhi on juin 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.