What do I do if I'm pursuing education for a different job than what I'm currently in?

Long story short, I joined the insurance field last year and am currently getting licensed. After much thought and evaluation I realize I am not cut out for this. I just don't enjoy it and I feel that it doesn't play into my strengths as a person.

Originally, my family was going to move late next year out-of-state (just for preference and future-building) and my current employer is gracious enough to let me do that and just work remotely. I've found out through various training seminars or training courses i've done out of city that I am simply not cut out for the work from home life. I want the office environment and the inherent discipline that that forces.

Anyways, all that made me realize that I would be staying in my current city (which I do not like) to work at a job that I do not like with not much room for growth in an area that is more HCOL than not. 3 strikes.

I've always had a nagging desire to pursue computer science and am now looking into computer science degrees to obtain while in my current city. Based on my conversations with a few employed engineers, there is a very large company in my current city that will snatch you up immediately with that degree and then train you their specific needs.

I believe I can get my degree fully online and therefore not have to leave current work for classes and tests. My wife and I both have side hustles which pay our bills and give us a few hundred extra each month as a cushion, so staying at my current job would be to pay for school. Some other factors: I am 25, my wife is 23. I have a B.A. in History and would need about 2 calendar years to do the B.S. degree by my calculations. I would stay in my current city for the short-long term at the proposed new company once the degree is completed (i understand nothing is guaranteed and I am NOT hedging my bets on getting hired at this one place).

So my question is- should I tell my employer at a certain point that I am in school again? They're a small company and I am one of two people in my department. I am a peg above entry-level - if I'm a Padawan, my counterpart is a Jedi Master.

What is proper to do in this situation?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

What do I do if I'm pursuing education for a different job than what I'm currently in? What do I do if I'm pursuing education for a different job than what I'm currently in? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.