Upcoming Interview Investment Data Strategy Prep

I have an upcoming in person interview this Monday and I am looking for assistance on what approach to preperation. The position is for a senior analyst position on the investments data strategy team at a major financial firm. I passed the phone interview with the first person I am scheduled to speak with on Monday.

I am currently employed at a great financial firm but am looking to use more of my technical and soft skills. I was offeres another position internally; however, my manager blocked my transfer stating they did not have capacity to handle my departure...

I have experience (graduated in from college in 2013) in (some overlapping experience time frames): - Financial accounting - 2 years - Data analytics - 2 years - Credit Capital Markets (structured credit) - 2 years - Private Banking (focus on investment financing) 2 years - Sales - seversl jobs but truly professional 2 years

Job description summary:

  • Deliver against strategic initiatives for the entire project cycle including analysis, design, servicd models, testing (specifically mentioned ABOR/IBOR reconciliation / discovering accounting differences, Market Data Hub)
  • Working as a partner with other departments such as IT, ops, business, data/analytics to develop next generation of data products, manage roll outs, communicate progreas and feedback to different stakeholders
  • light weighr excel (or other tech) prototypes of reports, dashboards, and tools to show business requirements to relevant teama to get sign off/buy in/approval

Looking for description summary: - Motivated/creative/confident - min 3 years in investment bank, investment management firm, big 4 accounting (investment accounting or financial reporting) - experience working with technical and cross functional teams like quants, engineers - understanding of accounting and financial reporting - strong communication / presentation aka can convey complex information in an efficient manner to different target audiences - ability to work with large data sets - said can teach technical skills for data management for RIGHT candidate - experience w SQL, excel, tableau/qlik a plus - CFA / CPA plus

I am meeting with: - Science Project Leader - 45 min (spoke already on the phone) - Senior Data Architect - 30 min - Head of Investments + Business Intelligence - 30 min - Senior Associate - 30 min - Director of Data and Integration - 45 min (hiring manager)

I have advanced excel skills, intermediate python, basic SQL, intermediate tableau

I am thinking of just using examples of experiences where I used my comminication and technical skills to identify and solve problems for internal and external stakeholders.

What surprised me was that on the initial telephone interview they asked me basic finance fundamental questions and a bunch of other stuff I thought was almost a given that I should understand prior to even being interviewed.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how the specific individuals (their roles/department) I will be meeting with interact with the position I am interviewing for and what kind of problems the data strategy team would be able to solve ( i.e. the science project leaders vs the senior data architect )

Also looking for any suggestions for good questions.

Thank you!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Upcoming Interview Investment Data Strategy Prep Upcoming Interview Investment Data Strategy Prep Reviewed by Louhi on mai 11, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.