I'm feeling very overwhelmed, and I need advice. I took a job with a downtown city Church as a facilities coordinator. They have a brand new 2.5 million dollar building just this last year with huge commercial kitchen, hall, array of meeting rooms, rented parkinglot, plus the sanctuary and Church facilities.
They told me it was a part-time job, 12 hours a week. Wage is $17/hour.
I just finished my first week. Bookings are penciled in to a paper journal at the front desk by whoever needs the room, and then we have to coordinate that with an online calendar for community and service events.
The main concern of the rector (my boss) is that they were still treating the Church site as a 'small parish building,' like it was 20 years ago, but now they just built this fancy new facility and they can't manage it as things are booked every day of the week. There is a huge amount of community groups, and this a brand new job - they've never had a facilities coordinator before - so there is nothing (except the journal (public) and online calendar (office use) to track.
I found out one group hadn't been invoiced since last year, as before the parish admin would just do whatever he wanted. We weren't tracking bookings, and most groups weren't asked for proof of insurance, etc.
There was no way to confirm their bookings except what was in the online calendar and journal, but many things were jotted in as place holders.
There are about 75 keys checked out right now by random people. Their names are handwritten in a book with no dates or notes about who they are. Some are parishioners, but most are members of community groups. When the key is returned their name is just stricken out.
So in this last week I've found that my job is to:
1) maintain(and discover) current bookings/invoicing
2) Create operating procedures for how we book. What are policies on insurance, site expectations, inventory of equipment, and who do we book to (for the last year they've just been booking everyone they can get to get the word out about their new building. Now they want to prioritize bookings on a sliding scale for user fees based on what they do).
3) Bring our booking systems online and out of the communal journal, and find a way to properly record and track bookings/invoicing/keys
4) Once I develop this new process I need to start going through the master binder of everyone who has ever booked with us and find out if they are currently using the facility, and then re-register them and their key properly.
5) Manage the parkinglot rentals, which we rent out during the week to local business owners (their current process is a sideways 11x14 paper in a foldable file with a hand-drawn grid with 'x's on it to determine who has paid and not.
I really have no idea where to start. How can I do this in 12 hours of work a week? I'm feeling a bit slighted at $17/hour tbh. What do facilities managers normally get paid? I don't think they realize how much work it will be to literally create this job. I spent one of my 12 hours on the phone with the email provider just trying to get my new email to work on outlook 2007, and I'm the most tech savvy person in the office.
Is my new role unreasonable? [ADVICE]
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: