half-year blackout period not allowing me to take holidays

I started my current job in Jan 2019 and had a 3-month probation period in which I cannot take any time off — understandable. Then, it was already late April when I was able to take a few days off. However, only recently in May, when my 3-day July annual leave request got rejected, did I learn that there is an extended blackout period that would prevent me from taking leaves from essentially June to December. Let me explain:

In my department, there are two roles. Role A's blackout period (cannot take ALs) for second half of year is June to August; Role B's blackout period for second half of the year is September to December. Usually there are no problems, as each role has plenty of time to take ALs. However, I was hired as a dual role person (A+B) because... I'm more capable? I wasn't sure, but I surely wasn't expecting I would be **punished** for being more capable than others because now boss is telling me my blackout period is literally from June to December (A+B).

To complicate things, my company has this HR policy which states that unused leaves by the end of the year will be automatically forfeited — no rolling over to next year. And then there is this other complication that Role B requires employees to work on 8 public holidays, which are compensated as 8 extra Compensation Leaves — and I follow this protocol as well. In short, I have more leaves than I am allowed to take.

I relayed this concern to boss, and stated that it is a legal requirement that I be allowed to take my leaves. They then "mercifully" crafted out three weeks in which I am forced to take all my leaves: First week of June, Last week of August, and First week of September. Now technically they are being "legal" here as I am taking all my ALs, but it doesn't change the fact that it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. This is especially the case seeing how my colleagues who are just Role A or Role B have way more freedom in deciding when they want to take their holidays. Not to mention the fact that it's already nearly mid-May and I'm only told today that I have to take the first week of June off, which makes planning any trip a bit of a rush.

What can I do in this case? Is it a lost cause? Obviously, I would want to be treated fairly and be able to decide when I take my holidays. Thanks in advance.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

half-year blackout period not allowing me to take holidays half-year blackout period not allowing me to take holidays Reviewed by Louhi on mai 11, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.