Is it worth staying in this position (do hiring managers really care about previous management experience)

So I'm working at a pizza joint. I've been there two years, despite my initial thoughts of only being there a few months. The pay is a good bit more than anything I have previously done, and the job itself is (was) easy. I live in a rural part of TN and the highest paid person in my family is my grandfather making 19.xx an hour (30+ years being a shipping clerk for a multi million dollar car part company , didn't want to move up any more due to all the paperwork and people under him being idiots). I've been averaging about 15 an hour (my best previous job paid ~ 13 an hour), but I recently told my gm I'd become a part time driver/manager. my average hourly has jumped to almost 20$ an hour not counting ot.

I had initially wanted to stay as a manager for a year or more and just get the added bump on a resume, but a previous manager I worked with at valvoline whom i'm good friends with recently went job hunting and he told me that most places do not give any credit for being a manager there due to how desperate they are, causing them to promote pretty much anyone (I turned down the position myself when I was there). So now I'm wondering if me having pizza place management will matter at all since his previous management there (almost 2 years) didn't count for anything on his job applications. I know if I was a hiring manager I'd place more weight on his experience than what I would hope to gain at dominos.

I like my job but aside from the promotion I haven't been given a raise in two years and was told I would never get anything that wasn't a franchise wide raise. I liked the management deal at first, but my gm and dm have been really short staffing me . I was told sundays are 500-700$ days. I have yet to have a sunday under 1100 aside from when our systems crashed for most of the day. on easter (my first opening day) we had a 300% sales growth and I got destroyed. On mothers day (everyone swore itd be a 200-400$ day) I had almost 300% growth again and did 1700 by the time i was able to get relieved. I really like my gm but he let an insider call out without telling me, then refused to come help me when going by our system we needed 6 people inside to make food and we had two. I feel like a failure even though I know we really needed more people and it was nothing that I did. I've essentially been told I wont get more people and was taken off of sundays.

Because of that and other stuff going on I am wanting to look for more jobs. I'd like to get on at a bank, but I don't know if they would hire me. I have 2+ years directly handling money (only ~a month and a half management experience), a year and a half's experience working with money (not physical cash but numbers in a spreadsheet, relevant as it seems they really want you to be able to count) while I was doing online fraud investigation for a company worth nearly a billion dollars. A group of five of us stopped over $150 million in fraudulent orders in 2015, I've done armed security, loss prevention, warehouse work, a 6-7 month period at vioc (couldn't handle the heat in the summer),

I'd take a fairly large paycut at first, but several of the local banks do not have wage caps(raises of 50 cents+ every six months with one of them), and my benefits currently suck (no 401k, bad insurance, no holidays off, no paid vacation, lots of wear on my car, the buildings ac doesnt work so the heat is really hard on me). I'd like to do it but I don't know if my odds would be good of getting the job, and I don;t know if it would be smart to drop almost 7$ an hour

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is it worth staying in this position (do hiring managers really care about previous management experience) Is it worth staying in this position (do hiring managers really care about previous management experience) Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.