How to handle a change in start date when you already started?

I applied for a fellowship at my dream workplace and was given a start date in mid-April. (For clarity, the organization that granted me the fellowship is separate from Dream Workplace. I work at Dream Workplace but am paid by the fellowship organization.)

However, there were a few complications with my paperwork that went unnoticed because the organization that granted me the fellowship is currently severely understaffed. Once they realized, they notified me and we got everything squared away. This happened a few days ago. Now they’re telling me that my new start date must be in mid-June and that I am free to take a break from working for now. My supervisor at Dream Workplace knows of this hiccup and told me that she wouldn’t force me to work, nor would she force me to not work. If I continued, it’d be considered volunteer work.

Honestly, I feel really frustrated and trapped. I’ve already been working for one month unpaid and am now being asked to take a break for one month or work for another month unpaid. It doesn’t make sense for me to stop working since I’ve already started a few projects at this office and it feels unnatural to stop and return... At the same time, continuing to work without any salary raises a lot of concerns to me about how nonprofit labor often goes uncompensated and about how I might be perceived as a young professional and very recent college graduate. I feel stuck in a corner and none of the answers I can think of are good. I’m aware that my biggest flaw professionally is inability to advocate for myself and a tendency to fall into impostor syndrome.

I’d love some thoughts and advice if you have any. I’m feeling really dejected and would love some direction.

TLDR: I was given a start date in April that was changed to June for complicated reasons. I’m expected to either take a month off (May) or work two months (April and May) unpaid.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to handle a change in start date when you already started? How to handle a change in start date when you already started? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.