Unhappy in my job. Do I need to request formal training?

I feel overlooked constantly and like I’m a fish out of water. I started as a designer, just doing posters and flyers for hotels. I moved up to doing the HTML for emails, because I had some coding experience, but not enough I guess.

I figured I’d get some formal training on some of the systems we use or at least a place to learn on my own, but when I bring it up to my boss (which I have twice) she just tells me to go sit with the other people on my team (who are already really busy) and learn from them.

I don’t want to add to their workload by making them take 10x longer to do their own work, so I haven’t done that. Now I feel like I’m not a contributing member of the team. I’m not confident in my work like I was when I was designing and I feel like it’s affecting my attitude here now.

On top of that, I’m in school full time as well as work full time, so I don’t have free time at home to learn more HTML or the systems we use.

Tl;dr

I’m a full-time student at a full-time job, unhappy in my current role, promises have been made for changes that never seem to come, and my boss placates me with job-shadow training I feel uncomfortable doing due to our large workload. Should I just shut up and wait for something better to eventually come or bring it up again somehow?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Unhappy in my job. Do I need to request formal training? Unhappy in my job. Do I need to request formal training? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.