I'm starting to get my resume ready, and am looking into what types of jobs I could transition into. I'll tell my story below...
I'm in my mid 30's and live in the DC area. I run a small bar/cafe with about 20 employees. I run the FOH and BOH. I only make around $50,000 a year. I've been there for around 5 years, and love my employees. I take care of payroll, inventory, restocking, finances(daily reconciliation, forecasting, ect), hiring, firing, food and drink menu recipe creation and changes, catering, fairly involved with training, among many, many other things. Fortunately I have some great employees who help out a lot. However, I pretty much run the entire operation. I'm told often that I'm irreplaceable. We've won a couple of awards since I've been here, and employee retention has been extremely high by industry standards. I've learned an incredible amount in my time here...
That being said... it's time to move on. I really need to get back to school and finish my degree. I suffered 6 years of illness that greatly disrupted my schooling in my 20s, and it's been impossible to get back into school while at this job. I'm just looking for a 9-5 that pays roughly the same, if not a bit more, where I can also finish school. I had originally started a degree in Computer Science, before I transitioned to Global Affairs with a minor in Arabic. I have roughly 3 years of school, but no degree.
I've had many offers for other management positions making 15-30K more than I do now, but I just can't imagine living this lifestyle any longer. I'm burnt out, and I want to enjoy my family. I want the vast majority of weekends off, I want to see my wife, I want to see my family, I want to grow as intellectual person.
Before I took this job, I ran the training program for a large upscale seafood restaurant, and worked there for ~9 years. I left there because the hours where terrible... and well, have ended up in almost the same position.
The only non-restaurant job I've had in the last 17 years was the 2 years after highschool where I was hired on as a graphic designer after an internship. This isn't something I want to get back into, nor am I still good at. Just thought it may be relevant.
The easy transition seems to be into beer/wine/food representative/sales. However, I'd really love not to get into a sales position. Does anyone have any recommendations into what other jobs I should be looking into? My ideal job would be a "9 to 5" office job, making 50K+ (not much for DC), decent benefits, and working only 40-45hrs a week so I can get back to school. I'm very open to travel, and am up for pretty much anything. I'm not sure this is something I can realistically achieve without finishing my degree..... but thought it'd be worth asking.
Anyways, any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: