Recently was terminated, what can I do to improve job prospects?

Well i'll try to keep this short. Had been working as a full time demo guy for close to a year, simple easy salaried positon. I worked out of 5 retail locations which I drove to throughout my work week. One location had a store manager who could easily be rude, vulgar with women and annoying. I myself being a natural ahole always made jokes with him and at times at him. One day he pulls me aside and in front two of his employees he says "I need you to take me more serious and stop making jokes about me as my employees laught at me" Now the jokes I made about him where about him not doing his job properly and me having to pick up the slack when it came to the products I demod.

Anyways he called my immediate boss who told me to take it easy on the guy, because even though the manager liked to joke at others expense he couldnt take jokes at his own expense apparently. This was about 4 months ago, they pull that store from me and send another demo guy to his store, I went to take care of the other 4 locations, well 3 weeks ago now I was sent for 1 day to that store again and that manager wasn't there, however it had come to my attention that the store manager had asked our demo guy to demo other products that were not carried by our own company so I made some jokes with the other store employees about "well we are going to have to cut the hours of our demo guy because he shouldnt be doing such things" I stupidly made the joke aswell to the assistant store manager who reported it to one of my managers and got my company boss involved. Well my company boss decided it was too much to deal with and terminated me for it, however in the termination letter he wrote "created a hostile work environment, by making comments of firing [the other demo guy] which are compeltely baseless and inappropriate" As stated my comments were about jokingly saying we were going to cut the other guys hours, and I made it obvious it was a joke WTF.

Anyways I've applied at countless places in the last week and keep getting rejections, could it be only because of my termination? What can I do to improve my odds? I am being honest when they ask about my last job without going into much detail about it.

Yes I recognize in hindsight its best to keep your mouth shut and not joke with coworkers even if you think ya have a good relationship of messing around.

TL;DR made a joke about coworker having hours cut for not doing job properly, lead to being terminated for "creating a hostile work environment for supposdley saying coworker would be "fired" that of which I never said.

PS: I recognize I fucked up, yes I am older than I make my dumbself sound in this thread, yes I believe I have learned my lesson to not joke with others when it comes to job security. Yes I need to mature more.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Recently was terminated, what can I do to improve job prospects? Recently was terminated, what can I do to improve job prospects? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 24, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.