My first interview went a little weird

I just had my first ever job interview last week (it was on my birthday, weirdly enough) and there was an interaction that was really weird to me and I don't know how to feel about it.

Basically, the job is an internship for an Engineering firm, and my dad works as a mechanic for the firm and got me my interview. The interview itself was setup literally the day before and the night before I had to quickly scrap together a resume and portfolio of different CAD drawings I've done, as that's what I would be doing as the intern.

I drove over an hour from my university to the company to attend my hasty interview. The guy who interviewed me was the guy I would be working directly under, not the CEO (although I did get to talk with him). The majority of the questions were pretty simple, and dealt less with my experience and more with my ability to trouble shoot, or just solve a problem in general.

Then he asked me a really weird question. He said "I have a slight temper. How would you be able to handle that?" I thought he was just asking me in a round about way how I deal with stress or being under a lot of pressure, so I said "well, I don't get angry very easily, and someone being upset gives me even more reason to stay calm as I don't like confrontation, or just yelling in general."

His response to my answer is what irked me. I don't remember what he exactly said, but to paraphrase, "oh, I wouldn't yell. But if you don't reach a certain calibre of work I expect of you, even if you don't think you can achieve it, I will be very disappointed in you. And I will be harsh with you. Very harsh with you. Do you think you can handle that?" He also gave an example of how he talked to someone who "disappointed" him. The way he spoke was a little unsettling and kinda gave me the chills, but I thought he was trying to intimidate me, so I just continued the interview.

I was talking to my roommate about the interview this morning, and when I told her about that part she told me that was really weird of him. However, she works in a completely different field , so maybe things are different? She said that the way he talked (at least, the way I described it) really infuriated her because it sounds like he's going to belittle me.

I wanna know if an interaction like this is normal or to be expected, or if my friend is right to be worried. And if she is right, should I stick with the internship if I get it?

Thanks

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

My first interview went a little weird My first interview went a little weird Reviewed by Louhi on avril 30, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.