So for anyone who wants a good laugh and has a similar story hear me out on this one.
I went for a job interview for an MSP not far from my house last week. They're looking for a level 2 NOC that escalates tickets but can still take care of some level 3 related issues as well. The interview went really well, we shot the shit for a little bit after the formal technical screening and personality screening was done. They asked me if I had anymore questions as we were wrapping up the interview and I of course asked about compensation (as would anyone who's looking to be hired and needs money to survive)
The two guys in the room got quiet and looked like they just saw a ghost. The HR guy started going off on a tangent about all the "team building" events that have to be calculated into salary, all the extra benefits like travel reimbursement to and from client sites, etc etc etc. He went on bullshitting for a good 3 - 5 minutes, I stopped listening after he tried including team building events into someone's actual salary. That was an immediate red flag to me, for obvious reasons.
Eventually they get around to actual numbers. He asks me "What do you think the position pays?" I suggested after explaining what they were looking for that the average salary of one of these positions and the experience they're looking for ranges from around 60-75k. (They want someone with 5+ years experience, undergraduate degree and some cert experience). The room gets quiet again, they look rather distraught at this point as if I'm completely out of the ballpark on pay. They respond, the counter offer is 30k-35k, so I follow up with a "well I'm clearly overqualified if that's the case considering I was making 75k at my previous employer until my recent termination due to restructuring of the IT department" (IT is downsizing on anyone who works infrastructure locally, all of our software is moving to SaaS ...and Office 365 and can be maintained from the main headquarters)
So seriously, 30k-35k because of team building and travel reimbursement? I live in New York, that's what you make on unemployment. Wtf is the point of even working if that's what the salaries are going to be?
What kind of red flag type bullshit have you dealt with at job interviews? I've been on quite a few the past few months and this one was definitely the kicker for insane.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: