How to structure an email requesting a pay raise?

I work as a contractor in a bio lab. I'm on the night shift and work with one other guy on the night shift. We work different days. When he first got hired he told me he made $22/hr (I make $18/hr) and I figured this was because he has his master's degree. However, he's had to take time off during the week so he can finish his thesis (that he never completed before) since his mentor would be leaving at the end of the summer. So he's been working Saturday and Sunday and I've been working Monday through Friday, 50 hours a week. I volunteered for the overtime since I was in a tight place financially after having to get a new car.

So, not only do I have more experience here than the other guy, I've now taken on the lion's share of the responsibility and work in the night shift since there's not usually much to do on the weekends at night. Despite all this I'm being paid less and I feel that I've earned a raise since I've stepped up to bat for the lab. I brought this up to my supervisor and he told me to send him an email with around 1-2 paragraphs explaining what I feel that I am proficient and comfortable doing in the lab, and even a few things I still need some work with so he can show the director and they can decide on whether or not to approve my raise. What is the best way to structure and phrase an email like this? Describing what I can and can't do in the lab is pretty easy, but how do I start and end the email? How do I bring up the pay rate specifically?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to structure an email requesting a pay raise? How to structure an email requesting a pay raise? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 26, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.