4rth Year Math/BA here. I’m sort of in an ambiguous situation and would like some opinions on how I should go forward. First time posting and this might be a bit long.
Heres a bit about me: During the summer after I completed high school, I was interning at a large insurance company doing generic paper pushing/ data entry role. The following summer (after I completed the first year of uni), I worked at a different large insurance company as an underwriting assistant. Here I made decent connections, and I was learning the ropes for a fairly new initiative they were implementing to increase productivity. I got to do meaningful work but unfortunately my term ended to I didn’t get any specific goals completed. However they liked me enough to rehire me the summer after that (summer after 2nd year). It was the same department/role as last summer and I was hitting the ground running since I retained everything they taught me last time year. That summer was turbulent with changes in management and the new manager I reported to didn’t really know me/ didn’t really like me as much. So now this summer (end of my third uni year), they ended up rehiring me as an underwriting assistant in another department.
My “issue” is that I want to get into finance. Commercial Underwriting is great, but for me its a great backup career. I think I’d be interested in Fixed Income, since I find the updates in Canada’s housing market and interest rates riveting, but I am open to any “department”. Also I know I’m being vague by saying “finance” but since I don’t have much exposure and I don’t know exactly which line I would like to get into. So I would be happy to be just an analyst or whatever the entry role is in any line.
With my personal profile predominantly being insurance idk how I’d make that shift. I’d be open to apply to other financial institutions, but I think my chances are a lot higher with large insurance companies and I’m just playing my strengths. Also, I have high knowledge of Excel, self-taught VBA, going to be learning Python this summer, I keep up with market news, used to day-trade, have decent extra curriculars and my marks are mediocre.
My Plan: These companies usually have post grad programs which give experience to newly graduated university students. Usually these programs are 2 years long and they rotate you in different department/roles. My goal is to be enrolled in this program upon graduation, but obviously this is going to be competitive. I am planning to write my CFA in December (level 1) and do more extra curriculars in my final year. Then I hope that this will be enough to land me that program in which I can express that im interested in finance and get assigned those roles. Then maybe become come sort of financial analyst after the program or go do my MBA?
How realistic is this? What other routes are there that would set me up to be successful in the finance industry? Anything extra I should be doing to make myself a more competitive candidate? I just need insight on whether I should just stick with my plan, or any changes I should implement.
I would appreciate any advice, and feel free to be blunt, I like a realistic, straight forward point of view.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: