Switching careers at age 40?

I have worked in higher education admin (focus on international programming and funding) for about 10 years. I was laid off due to downsizing a year ago and have had no luck finding work in my field (or any field) since. This has caused me to think about totally changing directions. I’m considering getting a master’s degree in mental health counseling, and the soonest I could enter a program would be 2020, when I’ll be 40 years old.

Does anyone have any advice on whether this is realistic, feasible, and a good idea at all? This is a direction I almost took many years ago and I am confident in my desire to do it, but I’m worried that such a drastic change at my age (and in that field) could be disastrous. But I also think that having worked with college students directly for so long could potentially make me a good mental health counselor on a college campus. That would be the ideal direction.

Any and all constructive advice is welcome.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Switching careers at age 40? Switching careers at age 40? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 31, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.