I've been in my current role as an insurance branch accounting manager for the past 5 years. The job has become monotonous but I've been been told eventually I can have more of a regional role within the company. No timeframe has been given on this. The office itself is full of a lot of difficult personalities and they've worn me down over these years. I've thought about leaving many times due to being generally unhappy here. 3 years ago, I had a boss change and I do generally like working with him. Not much else has changed though. However, pay has been good and this most recent year saw my base bump up to $100K with a $33K bonus received in January, 4% 401K match, a discount on our Employee Stock Purchase Program, etc. Despite my complaints, I'm comfortable in this position currently and well liked by many throughout the entire company.
I've interviewed recently at another firm in a different industry. The position would be starting out as a Senior Accountant that would become Assistant Controller with the plans of maybe taking over as Controller in 5+ years (and then potentially CFO). This is obviously a great potential career path if it pans out as such (and isn't just talk from recruiters). Some downsides: while base pay increases to $107.5K, my bonus would drop to about 10-15%, would would be -15 to -20K decrease. There's no stock purchase plan. 401k is the same. PTO would be the same but 10 of my discretionary days would now be 'sick days.'
All in all, I feel like I'd be a good fit, but I'm so damn indecisive on taking this risk and losing income. Conversations I've had on it have gone back and forth. My one recruiter friend says to not take less money while my actual recruiter on this is calling it a no-brainer to take the job, albeit he's financially motivated. I had previously said that if a company could at least match my current compensation, then I'd be a definite move. However, with this, I'm getting anxiety on whether it's worth it and whether I can continue job searching on the side for something that would fit both short-term and long-term. I've got potential career paths in both but who knows if either pan out. I figured it could help to hear some different opinions on this.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: