Nailed the interview for a very competitive role at my current company. Now im obsessing and need a realistic POV. A weirdly serendipitous story to follow
So i work for a liquor distributor as a sales rep. I've been in my position for 3 years now and Im incredibly bored. I found a new management position opened up and I applied. Slightly out of my reach but I have many other experiences that definitely make up for my lack in management skills.
So my Regional manager (my direct boss's boss) put in a great word for me with the man doing the hiring for the position. However despite this, i didnt expect to hear anything because I had heard over 200 people applied for this one position and many others told me that current managers were even applying because this position was a liason position between our company and a huge national brand.
Well Froday rolls around (3/1) and we have a regional team meeting. We were called in early to go to a separate branch meeting for resume building and interviewing skills. Well what do you know, the guy doing the hiring for the position is giving the class. I was a little frustrated because at this point i hadnt heard anything about the position but took my notes. I got home later that night and got an email that I had gotten the interview! So you bet over the weekend I redid my resume and wrote notes based on the class he did. My interview was the first he was conducting on monday.
Monday rolls around and Im pumped and ready. I knocked it out of the fucking park, i swear. I could tell they were impressed and I rode that post interview high all the way home and wrote my typical post interview thank yous. From the interview I also got some great info.
Out of everyone that applied, they interviewed 10-12 people between Monday and Tuesday. I also always ask about their hiring timeline and they said they would be narrowing down to 3-5 people for a final interview in a different city (its a position that has one person in each market for the state) on Friday (3/8). So thats pretty fast. I assume since interviews ended yesterday, people can expect to hear something today? Ive been a bundle of nerves all damn day and havw made myself sick.
This is a corporate setting so usually im contacted by an HR representative. Is it out of line to email the HR rep and ask for a general timeline? I usually like to assert me interest in the position but I dont like being pushy by any means.
I can also just wait, but Im stressing myself out to the max.
TL;DR i interviewed for a highly competitive promotion and did awesome. Waiting for a response when I know the next interview phase is said to be this Friday and interviews were finished yesterday. Politically correct to reach out to the HR rep?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: