I've been underemployed for a while now and it seems to have worn down my professional confidence in my abilities even though I have some worthy accomplishments in my past positions. I've noticed I'm sometimes getting unreasonably nervous during phone interviews or worse at person interviews for positions I want.
I seemed to blow a phone interview I had for a position I am both qualified for and wanted. But I got so nervous I started drawing blanks, stumbled through the very basic "tell me about yourself" giving a long winded answer with lot's of "um's" and "uh's". The HR lady was very nice on the other end too and seemed to be slightly nervous herself so there was no reason to get as flustered as I did but for some reason I was. When she asked if I had experience in a simple skill I was caught off guard and scrambled together a dumb answer for some reason which probably killed the interview. I even forgot a question I had and she said if I remembered it to just email her. Yikes!
Now I'm worried about an in person interview I have tomorrow where I might come off as Woody Allen or something to multiple interviewers.
Oddly back when I was employed FT I was able to confidently answer questions, engage in friendly banter with the interviewers to break the tension, they "flowed" from start to end relatively easily and I was overall a competent person you'd want to hire. For some reason now though I'm nervously "uming" my way through interviews most likely giving off a bad impression. I probably seem like I'm completely unqualified in the process since I'm stumbling over simple interview questions which is embarrassing to say the least. What's going on here? It's fine to be nervous but that was just ridiculous. Is this a low level anxiety attack? Maybe it's just a matter of being better prepared to quell nerves....
This might be a post for /r/socialanxiety since I think it has flared up over the past year or so but does anyone who can relate have any advice how to get a handle on your nerves so they don't blow opportunities for yourself?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: